In making material online the Saltaire Collection acts in good faith. However, despite these safeguards, we recognise that from time to time material published online may be in breach of copyright laws, contain sensitive personal data, or include content that may be regarded as obscene or defamatory.
If you are concerned that you have found such material on our website, please contact us in writing stating the following:
1) Your contact details.
2) The full details of the material.
3) The exact and full URL where you found the material
4) If the request relates to copyright, provide proof that you are the rights holder and a statement that, under penalty of perjury, you are the rights holder or are an authorised representative.
5) The reason for your request including but not limited to copyright law, privacy laws, data protection, obscenity, defamation etc.
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon receipt of notification the ‘Notice and Takedown’ procedure is then invoked as follows:
1. The Saltaire Collection will acknowledge receipt of your complaint by email or letter and will make an initial assessment of the validity and plausibility of the complaint.
2. Upon receipt of a valid complaint the material will be temporarily removed from the Saltaire World Heritage Education Association website pending an agreed solution.
3. The Saltaire Collection will contact the contributor who deposited the material, if relevant. The contributor will be notified that the material is subject to a complaint, under what grounds, and will be encouraged to assuage the complaints concerned.
4. The complainant and the contributor will be encouraged to resolve the issue swiftly and amicably and to the satisfaction of both parties, with the following possible outcomes:
i) The material is replaced on the Saltaire Collection website unchanged.
ii) The material is replaced on the Saltaire Collection website with changes.
iii) The material is permanently removed from the Saltaire Collection website.
5. If the contributor and the complainant are unable to agree a solution, the material will remain unavailable through Saltaire Collection website until a time when a resolution has been reached.