This was the last building constructed in Titus Salt’s lifetime, built on the corner of Caroline Street and Victoria Road. Originally intended as the site of a hotel, it was repurposed for the Sunday School. Salt was a keen proponent of Sunday Schools and lived just long enough to see his own completed. Titus and Caroline attended the opening ceremony but were forced to leave early due to his failing health. His grandson, Harold Salt, opened the Sunday School in May 1876. Sir Titus died in December the same year.
The Sunday School was demolished in 1973 and is now a council-run car park.