New Mill stands on the site of the original Dixon Mill, the building that stood here before Salt began work on his model village. The New Mill was built in 1868, in a similar style to the main Salts Mill. The mill expanded to incorporate other processes required for manufacturing textiles, including a dye house in 1871.
The New Mill was extensively refurbished in the early 1990s and is now a combination of office space for Bradford Health Authority and 98 privately owned apartments. All the internal modifications are entirely reversible.